Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Perfect Age of Rock & Roll - and to see family ; )

So last nite I was invited to a party at an open Venue.  That venue was Brooklyn Bowl in Williamsburg.  See Brooklynbowl.com   It was a charming space.  Dark with a massively high ceiling.  It was accented with antique carnival displays of old games that were once used for target practice.   16 bowling lanes suitable for impromptu games and a light bite of dinner.  There was also a large stage with generous room for dancing and such.
My cousin, Michael Jeremiah aka Giaramita is an actor.  The last time we met I was a toddler.  Family dysfunction separated our families and Facebook reconnected us.  This gathering was the film release party in celebration of the film he will be apart of: The Perfect Age of Rock and Roll.  This his first speaking role.  He is a striking presence as most Giaramita-men ARE.  Handsome, charming, warm and friendly.  It was pretty effing cool.  I also met his lovely wife Debbie and my 2nd cousin (my cousin’s son) Joshua Giaramita who is a talented young man in his own right.  I’m looking forward to hearing great things about him as well.
We stayed for a light bite and heard two bands.  The first band was known as The Hired Killers, which played covers of many recognizable songs, not that I can remember any of them, lol. 
The second band was The Sugar Blue Band.  http://www.sugar-blue.com/ They were amazing hearing the blues never brought a smile quite like this to my face before.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugar-Blue/160108061584?ref=search&sk=wall
I was with my new man and we swayed and kissed during the evening.  We stayed until about ten o’clock and then my feet (locked in their 4” black cage  heels were screaming for relief).  I said my farewells and we were on our way home.
Much earlier in the evening we had some time to kill and walked to the nearby vintage store: Beacon’s Closet, located @ 88 N. 115h Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn 11211  (Shop online @ beaconscloset.com)  I bought a lovely Chinese accented angel sleeved blouse for $15).  When I first saw the sign swear-to-God I thought it read Bacon’s Closet, lol.   There is also a 2nd location in Park Slope, which peaks my interest as I’ve been meaning to visit my old neighborhood and now have another (good) excuse to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment