Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Perfect Age of Rock & Roll - an Indie Film Review


And so recently I took my son to see an indie film.  That film was “The Perfect Age of Rock & Roll”.  This movie is my cousin Michael Jeremiah’s first speaking role.  It was a small role and I was happy for him.  But now my review:  (jude mentally cracks knuckles).

This was a film about two high school buddies with talent and dreams of rock & roll success.  Spyder, lead vocalist, and Eric Jensen (played by Jason Ritter) as lyricist and lead guitarist.   Spyder steals his partners demo songs and finds fame as a solo artist.  When Spyder’s second album is a flop he returns to his hometown of Oyster Bay, NY to reunite with Jensen and coerce him into making lyric magic all over again.

This is a formulistic pseudo road trip movie full of rock and roll clichés.  Despite decent production quality and better than average performances this film lacks the climatic ending I had hoped for.  It seemingly ends without a resolution that made any sense in how the story had been building up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment