Friday, July 1, 2011

A Pre-vacation Rant

5 hours to go.  Anywhere but here.  I need a break from people complaining how poor the bathrooms are kept.  FYI just because I sit nearby I’m tired of hearing about the poor quality of the toilet paper in there.  Or how shitty the soap dispensers are.  Or how it smells bad from time to time (don’t they realize it’s a fucking bathroom)  at least its not the kitchen that smells like ass, ya know? From this one might think I'm a bathroom attendant.  But no I'm actually a mild-mannered receptionist at a law firm.

In this recession I am glad to be employed, etc but a week off is needed at this point.  An extra hour to sleep late.  Spend time with my friends who are blessed with being off all summer.  To get outside and bike till my thighs hurt.  To go to the city and see a show, find a street fair and remember why I love living in New York.  To catch up with some out of town friends who will be in town this week, woo hoo.  To lay on the beach with a good book and get good and burnt, til the sun goes down and the gulls are overhead.  Yeah I want some of that.  Oh yeah and to get laid too.

No comments:

Post a Comment