Monday, July 25, 2011

Larry Crowne - A MOVIE REVIEW

LARRY CROWNE - A Movie Review

So on a fervent Saturday afternoon, I caught a movie with my mom.  We went to see “Larry Crowne” the story of a middle-aged man, who without having the benefit of a college degree is phased out of a Walmart-ish job after many years.  Tom Hanks in an unusually diminutive role as Larry Crowne decides to go back to community college.  Gal pal Julia Roberts as the jaded Speech Teacher and part time lush trapped in a bad marriage.  Directed, written by Tom Hanks.  (I imagine he can add this one to his resume as “Things I did on my summer vacation).

Check your brain at the door, this one a DVD rental at best.  Was good for an afternoon with mom in a primo air conditioned theatre, a respite from the heat.  Its almost an unwritten rule that I see with my mom every movie Julie Roberts has ever made, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about that one, since I've always liked Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks. Now he's playing the middle-aged guy. (Sigh.) I'm getting old!

    ReplyDelete