Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wild Kingdom @ home - a non-cultural blog

So last night when Tyler came home I could hear he was not alone.  He brought home “a friend” another bird, sigh.  Quickly I jumped from bed and closed the door that separated the two rooms. 
When I finally strolled out of bed to prepare for work, I expected to see a bloody carcass somewhere on the kitchen floor.  I did not.  A feather or two but no bird, maybe he took it outside.
I opened the front door and scanned the backyard once over to look for sign of life, or death as the case may be.  Hmm maybe it was a close call.
After my shower I flip on my computer, pour some juice, and pull some eggs and bacon from the frig.  When I go to place the items on the kitchen counter there it was.  The previous night before I laid a handtowel on the kitchen counter to serve as a drying surface for dining utensils that wouldn’t fit into the dishrack.  He was sitting on a 3 inch piece right beside serving tongs and a few forks.
This came under the heading of “things that only happen to me”.  I kept hearing the AA message in my head “We will intuitively know how to handle situations which previously used to baffle us.” Um yeah, not quite, lol.
I mashed up some blueberries and set a small saucer of water out.  After all he is a victim and perhaps abit tramautized and there was no need to forget good manners, LOL.
So I set about making my breakfast, bacon and eggs, yep you heard me.  The night before I didn’t eat dinner and I needed REAL FOOD.  So I started the bacon and then picked up an egg and grabbed a bowl.  Cracked one egg and muttered to the bird“so sorry”, two eggs, “so sorry”, third egg, “so sorry”.
Trying to throw myself into the day I sat down and ate breakfast.  I figred at some point during the day Tyler would find the bird again and wild kingdom redux would resume.  But then something else happened.  The bird decided to make a break for it.  It was flying around my kitchen.  I locked Tyler into the bathroom opened the front door and out and off he went.

No comments:

Post a Comment