Saturday, January 21, 2012

LA RIOJA - A Restaurant Review

So tonight me and my honey dined @ La Rioja @ 4409 Austin Blvd. 
Island Park, NY.
Having driven by this restaurant more times than I can remember I was definitely intrigued.  The atmosphere dark and cozy with a feel as if you were meeting someone in secret or something.
First a house salad which lacked anything resembling a salad, (our waiter dropped the one slice of tomato on its surface, lol.
The appetizers we tried were mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, and as well as mussels in green sauce (yumm!)  Having always been a mussels marinara fan its was lovely to discover there is an equally delicious substitute.
As our main coursewe both ordered Paella Valenciana, which included rice peas, Chirizo, shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels & chicken.  More than enough for one person to eat and I was happy to take home half as leftovers.

This restaurant IS abit on the pricey side as most dishes were listed above $28 and up (to start).  All in all with my honey, every meal is a treat.
 http://lariojali.com/contact-la-rioja-long-island-ny.htm

1 comment:

  1. I had the chicken villaroy and not only was it burnt but the chicken tasted like rubber. I will never go back. When i told the waitress and showed her the burned food she she offered me a free dessert. No thank you I said

    ReplyDelete