Monday, January 30, 2012

China Fun - a restaurant review

So after a day of ice skating and museum wandering me and my beau were starving and looking to eat dinner.  Being on the West side we wound up hitting China Fun http://www.chinafun-ny.com/

And honestly didn’t know much more about other than it received an “A” from the Board of Health, as per the new law that each restaurant must post the rating in plain sight.  Not that an “A” rating is insurance the food is any good, but it was a good a place to start as any.  Hell it was the Chinese New Year this week right? (See Dragon above. )


Seated too close to the door and even with their double door system, a steady draft continued in throughout our meal.  We both ordered soup.  I order Hot and Sour Seafood Soup which contained NO SEAFOOD.  And Mike ordered Roast Duck Noodle Soup which he stated was a meal in itself.

For my main dish I ordered a small order of short ribs (yum) as good as any Chinese ribs usually are.  I also ordered a sushi roll of “Spicy Girl”  and spicy it was!  Mike kept asking why I wasn’t adding any wasabi and with Spicy Girl roll none was necessary.

Mike ordered a chicken dish, and the name escapes me.  It was supposed to be sweet but Mike said it lacked any flavor at all.  All in all China Fun (both on the East and West side) are a “safe” decent source of Chinese and Japanese fare.

Oh yeah and did I mention they have a delivery guy who is famous for singing Chinese opera?  Check him out:   http://chinafun-ny.com/YangYuBao.html

No comments:

Post a Comment