Thursday, October 6, 2011

I’ll be overjoyed when I’m feeling better.  For the last two weeks or so I’ve been dealing with mysterious back pain.  I say mysterious because I did nothing to warrant it happening.  Of course I also haven’t been doing any type of regular exercise either which might have prevented it.
I’m tired of living this way.  I come home to a house that’s never clean.  Okay, so I’m not exactly the clean-as-you-go type anyway BUT still it usually looks better, but standing, especially by the end of the day is fucking painful as hell.
Of course I could have avoided most of this if I’d just gotten my ass to the doctor’s office a week ago.  I am loathe to run to doctors.  I’d had hoped that just taking things easy it would all sort itself out. Of course I was kidding myself I wasn’t really doing jack-shit to improve things, not really.
So yesterday after I finally bit-the-bullet and went to the doctors they gave me a prescription for anti-inflammatories.  Oh happy day right?  Nope.  After work I went to drop it off and the pharmacist takes a 30-second glance around and tells me:  “We’re out, I can get it for you tomorrow.”  UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.
Okay so after I have a mini-tantrum inside my head I ask specifically “WHEN can I get this?”  So now I just have to hold on until 6:30 so I can be on the road to recovery.
I’ve a mini list of things I’d like to do once I am pain free once more.  FIRST don’t take being pain free for granted, work out regularly.  If even just yoga and stretching.  TWO eat better, less sugar more vegs.  THREE: clean my fucking house.  I keep having this mini-fantasy where I come into some money and buy myself two dressers and a wall-unit so my bedroom doesn’t look like a thrift shop that’s exploded.
Then there are other simple things I want to do like, yoga, take a long walk without fear of pain.  Get shit accomplished that I’ve been putting off. 
And mainly just not having to obsess and think “when will I feel better”.  Cause I’m tired of whining to people, especially my guy.  Which is why I’m writing this blog in the first place.  I need to get all of this out of my head already.  And so I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment