Friday, June 29, 2012

MAGIC MIKE, a culturally bankrupt movie review



So tonight me and a gal pal went to see the male stripper movie, “Magic Mike”.  Now I’m usually more choosey in my movie choices, but what can I say, I’m a sucker for men with beautiful bodies.  The theatre was like a bachelorette party, teaming with women.

This film had plenty to oogle.  Such as Matt Boomer (from White Collar), Channing Tatum (Step-Up), Joe Manganiello (True Blood) and the surprising resilence of Matthew McConaughey.  Say what you will about Matthew M, he is still in fine fine form.

Having said that (jude cracks knuckles). This film was about a 19 yr old guy Adam who is taken under the wing of "Magic Mike" into the world of male stripping.  It’s a fast lifestyle to say the least and Adam finds himself facing the good, the bad and the ugly in 90 minutes or less. 

Plenty to enjoy here, beautiful men, and shot in a slightly rough style, this film makes you feel privilege to everything that goes on behind the curtain as well.  P.S. They showed a lot of shit I didn’t think they would, yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment