Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gotta gotta gotta

So like most women I have body issues.  With weight, with eating yada, yada.  Eating is essential for life but like anything that arouses my senses sometimes the overindulgence will occur. And not only occur but make you put on 8 lbs since the 4th of July.  (insert big sigh here).  At 5’ 1” it feels like 28 lbs. 
I’ve been on both sides of the fence weight-wise.  At the age of 12, I was grossly underweight weighing only 40 lbs.  I had no clue I was so emaciated.  At 18 I was 95 lbs.  A better weight, but my ribs always showed when I wore a bikini.  My highest weight (not pregnant) I am loathe to admit was 155 lbs.  When I saw a photo of myself looking like that, I ran to Weight Watchers and swore I’d never let myself get that big again.
Still it isn’t easy.  Like anything worthwhile, trying to maintain a decent weight, and being fit takes work.  Well, imagine that.  I’m a lazy person when it comes to this stuff.  But not totally without motivation to take action.  Lately my motivation is how I will appear to my man and how I will look in my clothes.
After a painful episode with my back that lasted about six weeks, but seemingly forever, lets me know I need to work to change this or prepare myself for more pain.  No thanks, its time to work.
Exercise is just part of this equation.  The other part is watching what I eat.  Not starving myself, just cutting out the junk AND maybe not eating so much bread related items.  That part ain’t easy.  It seems everytime I turn around there’s another birthday in my office.  And with the birthdays come free food.  Or junkfood I should say.  Dunkin Donuts, munchkins, bagel (of course) fruit platters and other baked good both homemade and Costco derived.
It’s a pretty hard temptation to turn down on the mornings its there.  Today I just went with a bagel and some grapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment