Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – a DVD Review

So being deep into the 2nd of the trilogy of the Stieg Larsson novels I decided to see the Swedish movie version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

It was pretty good. Although like with most adapted book to screen stories the viewer would have greatly benefited from reading the novel FIRST. In the book, the reader was giving he benefit of so many additional details (ok some of which were tedious) but necessary in order to build up the suspense which ultimately lead to the thrilling conclusion of the story.

I’d like to say that while watching I wasn’t overly analytically dissecting the way the movie version told the same story, but I’d be lying. The movie I think has less depth without the benefit of reading the book first.

1 comment:

  1. Haley has been asking me to rent this one from redbox... is it something a 14 year old could see?

    I didn't have a want to see it, or read the books.

    ReplyDelete