Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A BOOK REVIEW: The Film Club by David Gilmour

So for $5 I picked up a copy of this little novel. A story about a slightly out of work Dad who impetiously decides to let his 16 yr old son drop out of high school if he agrees to watch three movies a week. At first the father thinks his son will grow bored, complacent and eventually seek something more. What follows is abit familiar to any parent of a misguided teenager.



I enjoyed the conversations between father and son, how silently, almost too silently the father was cheering for whatever direction his son decided to take. Of course the movie discussions were a huge draw for me. It made me wish I had this guy for a father, (or at the very least an uncle of some sort). Light breezy, a commercial break amongst heavier novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment