Friday, July 13, 2012

Brasserie Persil - a Restaurant Review


So tonight me and my beau went to a local French restaurant located @ 2825 Long Beach Road, Oceanside known as Brasserie Persil http://www.persilrestaurant.com/dinnermenu.html

We stepped into the dimly lit yet subtly seductive interior.  Abit on the chilly side we took our seats.  For appetizers we selected raw clams and Mussels Provencale.  The mussels were superb, the sauce they were swimming in was yummy.  Even the cocktail sauce for the clams had an extra punch of flavor that made them worthwhile.                   

For dinner my beau ordered Monkfish Medallions, with sweet corn and crab bread pudding, spinach and sauce a l’Americaine.  It was good if you like monkfish though I tasted it and I found it abit fishy.  The corn and crab bread pudding, tasted more like corn than crab.

For myself I selected Duck Breast with shitaki mushroom and duck confit roll, brussels sprouts and sweet cherry sauce.  Okay I wasn’t sure it was actual duck I was eating.  Honestly the meat didn’t taste like any duck I’ve ever eaten.  And I don’t mean that as a compliment (although the meat was delicious).  I mean that statement like when you get chicken cutlet instead of veal at an Italian restaurant.  The duck confit roll, however,  which was shredded duck wrapped in a delicate pastry was OUT of this world, tasty and crispy with every bite.  The brussel sprouts were uncooked.


For dessert  I ordered Crème Brulée, it was yummy, topped with blueberries and sliced strawberries.  My beau ordered Fresh Fruit Napoleon layered with mascarpone cream fresh fruit and crispy puff pastry.  He said it was good different.

I wouldn’t mind going back for their mussels and perhaps to try their brunch menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment