Monday, February 13, 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - a movie review

So doing my “Oscar homework” I went yesterday to see Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.   Another one of the Oscar nominationed selections for Best Picture.
I was reluctant to go because although it’s headed by two big stars: Hanks & Bullock.  I KNEW in my gut that the meat and potatoes of this film, included neither performer.  My gut was right. 
This is the story of an Extremely Loud and Incredibly Annoying boy, who loses his quasi-genius father and then tries to make sense of it all by uncovering clues surrounding a mysteriously discovered key.
I reluctantly enjoyed this film.  Why?  Because it had heart.  Because for every person who has ever suffered a tragedy that changed their lives forever, we want to believe we suffered through it for some purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment