Saturday, March 9, 2013

Side Effects - a movie review

And so this afternoon I went to see the star studded film, Side Effects, a story of how a depressed woman (Mara Rooney) under a doctor's care (Jude Law) is prescribed  antidepressants and things go horribly wrong.

Essentially I went to see this movie because on its face it seemed intriguing.  Then to cover myself, I cross referenced Rottentomatoes.com (my personal go to website for reviews) which gave it a respectable 85%.

With cherry twizzlers at the ready, this movie opens and slowly builds momentum.  A somewhat mild but intriguing suspenseful story with a clever plot twist or two that entertains but doesn't totally insult the intelligence of its audience.

One of the better movies I've seen as far as dramas go.  I give it 3 stars.  Oh and Catherine Zeta Jones is much better in this flick than I thought she'd be, Mara Rooney is outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment