Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tony DiNapoli's of NYC - a Restaurant Review

So yesterday I went to Tony Dinapoli’s in NYC.  A friend has recommended it whole heartedly when I asked for a good place to eat.  http://www.tonysnyc.com/
On the plus side, we were seated right away (ok it was a Tuesday nite, but hey whatever).  The ambience was relaxing, darkly lit, the walls filled with celebrity caricature paintings of some kind (I didn’t look close enough to see who the artist was).
Food is served family style, and by overzealous waitstaff who made me feel almost rushed through dinner.  The veal wasn’t tender and it made me wish I’d ordered chicken instead. 
For the money I felt the food could have been better.  This restaurant is very similar to my favorite Italian restaurant, La Parma in Oceanside.  The service is better, more relaxed, plus they actually put the food on your plate.  AND the quality of the food is the best Italian food I’ve had other than my Dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment