Saturday, October 13, 2012

V.S. Fire Dept Haunted Firehouse

And so another October is here and with it looking for things to do to make the most of the short-lived Halloween season.  

Tonight me and my man ventured off to check out the local haunted house @ the Valley Stream Fire Department.

http://www.nassaufdrant.com/forum/valley-stream-haunted-firehouse-13667.html



Okay, on the plus side its $10 for adults $5 for the kiddies.  And if you don't want to deliberately be scared, like the kids under 12 yrs old behind us, you simply ask and they give you a flash light which lets the ghouls know NOT to get you.  Also on the plus side is we went before 8 p.m. and the wait was under a half hour.

On the minus side, it was pretty tame, especially compared to the place we went place year, Schmitt's Farm, out in Melville.  Of course I screamed and was scared abit and held onto my man's hand for dear life, that's just me.  And the "scare" was actually pretty exhiliarating, which is a new thing for me.

I wish I could just say "be afraid, be very afraid" but that would only apply to being afraid of disappointment.

I'd heard good things about this haunted house and I was disappointed, I was hoping it was kick ass and it wasn't.  Then again, if you don't feel like driving far and saving some dough, then this is a decent option, especially if you are just taking little kiddies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment