Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love & Other Drugs - a DVD Review

So last night on DVD I caught the film “Love & Other Drugs”.  Just from the title alone, it sounded right up my alley.  The film stars intensely gorgeous, Jake Gyllenhaal, who looks as close to perfection as a man can get.  (Can you BE in love with someone’s mouth?)
Oh yeah it also had Anne Hathaway, lol.  She was actually nominated for this role, though I’ve no clue why.  This was the movie where she was naked and it was supposedly a big deal, yet it was never mentioned how naked her co-star was.  Now there’s a fact I feel the public needs to know! lol
Anyway the story centers around Anne Hathaway’s character who is in her late 20s suffering from Stage One Parkinson’s disease.  Jake’s character a charming womanizer who ventures into the field of Pharmaceutical sales. 
The most unbelievable part was the actor who played his brother who looked like a retarted troll played by Josh Gad http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1265802/.  Yeah click on the link and you’ll see what I mean.
Its abit on the glossy side for my taste.  I like my love stories abit rough around the edges (like Blue Valentine for instance.)  If the dialogue were sharper this movie could have actually been a hit.  Still I gave it two stars.  Watch while eating chocolates and possibly a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment